We recently sent a box of our famous Royal Riviera® Pears to Gina of “Skinnytaste.” She quickly came up with a decadent way to use our pears for a fantastic holiday dessert. Try Gina’s Cranberry Pear Crumble recipe this season and find out why our pears are the best around.
Royal Riviera® Pears are so sweet and juicy, you won’t have to add too much sugar or honey to sweeten up this warm, delicious fruit crumble. Paired with seasonal tart cranberries and finished with an oat-nut topping, this crumble is the perfect excuse to turn on your oven on a cold winter night, whether you’re having guests over or just need an excuse to make something sweet.
If you’re like me and love the combination of warm desserts with cold toppings—a dab of fat-free frozen yogurt on top will totally hit the spot!
Cranberry Pear Crumble
- For the filling:
- cooking spray
- 5-1/2 cups peeled and diced ripe pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- For the crumble topping:
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1/2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Combine pears and cranberries in a large bowl, add the orange zest, honey, cornstarch and cinnamon and pour it into the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the crumble topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm.