Every March we celebrate the return of sweet, delicious grapefruit. Our Avocado Grapefruit Salad recipe is a delightfully fresh way to showcase this premium fruit, harvested from the grove at its peak. Enjoy!
Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the salad:
- 8 oz baby arugula or green lettuce or a combination
- 1 large, firm avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly shaved
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned with membranes removed
- For the dressing: Whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- For the salad: Gently tear the greens into bite sized pieces. Arrange on four chilled plates. Alternate slices of avocado and grapefruit sections on greens. Top with shaved fennel and drizzle the dressing generously over the salad. Serves 4.