Bright, tropical pineapple is the star of this creative dessert. Simply pick up a jar of charred pineapple relish and fire up the grill to create a deliciously sweet and sunny treat.
Grilled Pineapple Dessert Recipe
- 3-15 oz cans of pineapple rings
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 30 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- Nonstick spray
- 1 jar Harry & David® charred pineapple relish
- Light your grill and preheat for 6-8 minutes. Grill the pineapple slices until grill marks appear on both sides, then remove. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese and sugar. Layer pineapple rings in the bottom of a 9” x 13” casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Put a thin layer of pineapple relish over the pineapple rings. Top with cheese mixture. Top that with crushed crackers and dot with butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is browned. Dessert serves 8 to 12 people.
Photography courtesy of Sandy Coughlin of Reluctant Entertainer