This savory egg casserole recipe has quite the hype. So much so that we call it “the greatest appetizer ever.” Make this cheesy, delicious egg bake for breakfast or as an easy appetizer before a great meal. You will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests.
The Ultimate Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1/2 jar pepper and onion relish, drained
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, eggs, milk and relish. Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with the chilies. Pour cheese mixture over the chilies and bake at 350º F for 40 minutes. Cool pan for 5 minutes before cutting into small square pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature — tastes great either way.