Every March we celebrate the return of sweet, delicious grapefruit. Our Avocado Grapefruit Salad recipe is a delightfully fresh way to showcase this premium fruit, harvested from the grove at its peak. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz baby arugula or green lettuce or a combination
- 1 large, firm avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly shaved
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned with membranes removed
For the dressing:
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
For the salad:
- Gently tear the greens into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on four chilled plates.
- Alternate slices of avocado and grapefruit sections on greens.
- Top with shaved fennel and drizzle the dressing generously over the salad. Serves 4.