Football Party Food & Planning
It’s almost time for The Big Game, and what better way to celebrate than with the best party food, snacks, and fun party ideas for watching the football game? Cheer for your team with this unbelievably rich, cheesy Havana Queso Black Bean Dip recipe, using Harry & David’s Havana Black Bean Dip
Make sure your guests arrive hungry and leave full by putting out a spread of the best pre-game snacks. If your appetizers aren’t touchdown-worthy, you might disappoint.
Bean Dip is just the beginning though. Go big for the big game, and make your party one for the record books with a wide range of snacks and appetizers. We’ve covered tons of appetizer recipes in the past, including such game day favorites as:
Black Bean Dip Sure to Score a “Touchdown”
- 1 Jar Harry & David Havana Black Bean Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz jack cheese, freshly grated, plus a few extra ounces for topping
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes for topping
- ¼ tsp dried cilantro for topping
- Tortilla chips and veggies for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set cream cheese on the counter to soften.
- In a cast iron skillet (or oven proof pan), heat the Havana Black Bean Dip over medium heat on your stove top, stirring frequently.
- Add the cream cheese; stir and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the freshly grated jack cheese, stirring well to mix together.
- Top with extra jack cheese, cilantro and red pepper flakes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
- Serve hot with veggies and chips!
Football Party Games and Snacks
Now that the food’s planned out, it’s time to set up the rest of the football party. Aside from the usual tailgating decor, you can make watching football more fun with this Football Party Game
If you have room on your coffee table or in your trophy case, top off your decorating with a Harry & David Chocolate Football
to set the game day mood. Also, if you’re looking for an all-in-one party snack box, look no further than the Hometeam Snack Box
that’s stocked with football party snacks like our aforementioned Havana Black Bean Dip, snack mixes, cheese, and crackers.
Sandy Coughlin is author of The Reluctant Entertainer, and loves sharing her recipes with us at Harry & David.