Yes, absolutely I could eat it plain and it would be fantastic! ORRRRR. I could grab out some hot fudge and pile a load of Harry & David Signature Truffles on top! Oh my word, can you even imagine how gorgeous that would be? But today I realized I had a container of beautiful blueberries sitting on my counter. So why not put them to use to turn my gorgeous cheesecake into something extra special!? I simply mixed some cream cheese and sugar with a homemade blueberry puree and folded in some whipped cream to make it light and fluffy… I spread it all over my cheesecake and then piled up some more blueberries! Isn’t it gorgeous? The creamy cheesecake with the sweet blueberries on top make this a show stopper!
Blueberry Mousse Cheesecake Topping Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup extra blueberries for garnish
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment beat heavy cream and 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In small food processor or blender create a blueberry puree by blending blueberries and 1 Tbsp granulated sugar until it becomes a liquid. Set this aside.
- In clean bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup powdered sugar together until smooth. Add in the blueberry puree and continue beating until completely incorporated and smooth, scraping sides as necessary.
- Finally fold in your whipped cream into the blueberry cream cheese mixture until evenly mixed in.
- Spread the Blueberry mousse on top of cheesecake and garnish with more blueberries, if desired.