This chia cherry smoothie recipe — created by blogger, How Sweet Eats — takes very little effort to prepare. It’s the perfect summer smoothie for a hot afternoon or breakfast alternative!
Cherries have always been a favorite, ever since I was a little kid. They make for one of the best snacks on their own, but I’ve loved them in smoothies for years.
The base of this Cherry-Oh! Cherry
smoothie? A delicious chia pudding. If you love the texture of tapioca, chia pudding is similar, healthier and quicker to prepare.
Make the chia pudding 30 minutes ahead of time so it can set. You can even put the chia pudding in the fridge overnight for a smoothie breakfast. If your chia has sat overnight, you’ll probably need a spoon to enjoy the next day.
And what I reeeeeeally love about smoothies: the toppings! Fresh cherries, some extra chia for a little crunch, maybe some yogurt if you’d like or even chopped chocolate…. It’s a breakfast dream.
Chia Cherry Smoothie Recipe
Serves 2, is easily multiplied
Chia pudding bottom
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped chocolate
- chia seeds
- fresh cherries
Chia seed pudding
- Whisk together the milk, chia and honey in the bottom of the glass. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the smoothie ingredients together in the blender and blend until smooth and puréed.
- Pour the mixture over the chia pudding.
- Top it with the cherries, chia and chocolate, if desired. Enjoy!