Better than grandma’s, this hearty and comforting Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is ready in minutes with the help of your Instant Pot. This simple recipe from Kellie at The Suburban Soapbox tastes like it simmered all day and will instantly become a family favorite.
We’re now entering that phase of winter where I’m pretty much over the cold, snow and general fear of the flu. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to the first peek of green popping through the ground, but those days feel a long way off. So instead, I just bundle up under blankets, sit by a fire, and cradle a mug of this wholesome Chicken Noodle Soup.
I love to keep Harry & David Soup Mixes on hand for quick dinners that are rich, hearty, and ready in a flash. Each soup mix comes with everything you need to create a soup with a “from scratch” flavor that your family will love. Little do they know, this recipe can be whipped up in about 20 minutes with the help of Harry & David’s Chicken Noodle Soup Mix and your handy, dandy Instant Pot!
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe will become a winter staple in your family’s meal plan. It’s a great option for a busy weeknight dinner and a must-have remedy for cold season!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion1 large celery stalk (diced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1 lb boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- Package Harry & David Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
- Add the olive oil to an Instant Pot set to saute mode and heat until shimmering, approximately 3 minutes. Add the onion, celery and carrot to the pot and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add 9 cups water, the vegetable packet and soup base to the pot and stir.
- Place the chicken in the pot and place the lid on the pot.
- Lock the lid in place and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and manually release the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid from the pot and transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite sized pieces and return to the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the noodles to the soup and cook for 8 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.