Our executive chef, Tim Keller, has created several easy and unique dessert ideas for you and your valentine. Desserts this delicious don’t come along every day.
It’s easy to turn any cheesecake into a unique and delicious Valentine’s Day dessert with this dessert recipe. Combining velvety cheesecake with exquisite chocolate and buttery caramel, it’s a decadent treat for you and your valentine.
Chocolate Caramel Heart Cheesecake
- 2- pound Harry & David® New York-Style Cheesecake
- 4 Harry & David® dark chocolate truffles
- 8- ounce package of Harry & David® red apple caramel balls
- Place the unwrapped cheesecake onto a flat, clean counter with the caramel balls and a large spoon or offset pasty spatula.
- Place the truffles into a small microwave-safe container and microwave for 40 seconds. The truffles will not be fully melted; stir until smooth and shiny.
- Using a paring knife or a stencil, lightly score a heart shape on top of the cheesecake.
- Using the spoon or pastry spatula, “paint” the heart shape with the melted truffles (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnishing).While the chocolate is still warm, adhere the caramel balls onto the cheesecake bordering the chocolate. If the chocolate begins to cool, dip the caramel balls in the remaining melted chocolate and attach.
- Let the “jeweled” cheesecake cool and serve.