Rich and chocolatey, this Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is a quick and easy treat that’s ready in just minutes.
This mug cake is the perfect answer for any sweet craving. Plus, it’s filled with delicious, creamy Harry & David chocolate truffles which is hard to resist! The chopped chocolate truffle pieces melt into little pools of goodness while the cake bakes, and the added mini marshmallows add to the decadence.
This Chocolate Mug Cake batter is made with the addition of hot cocoa mix. It comes together quickly and the whole cake bakes in just 1 minute. They’re so easy to make that the kids can handle the whole project all by themselves with minimal mess.
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 chocolate truffle (roughly chopped)
- 6-8 mini marshmallows (plus extra for garnish)
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the vanilla, milk and egg to the butter and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, baking powder, hot cocoa, and cocoa powder.
- Divide the batter between two 8 ounce mugs filling no more than halfway in each mug. (Overfilling will result in a huge mess.)Sprinkle the batter with chopped truffle and marshmallows.
- Place the mugs in the microwave and bake at full power for 1 minute. The cake should spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. If the cake is undercooked, cook for an additional 15 seconds until cooked through.