This delightful peach pie is a summer staple and one of our absolute favorite ways to enjoy our Oregold® Peaches. Crumbly, buttery crust paired with soft, juicy peaches? Nothing could be better!
Making pie can be intimidating, but peaches don’t need a lot of extra work to turn into a delicious filling. Just a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of nutmeg is enough to add just a little bit of coziness to this fresh summer pie. The use of ready-made pie crust makes this even easier, but if you’re feeling adventurous you could try the homemade crust recipe from our post here.
This peach pie is easy enough for entertaining, but good enough that you might just want to keep it all to yourself. And of course, top it off with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Classic Peach Pie Recipe
- Homemade or store-bought double pie crust
- 10 fresh peaches (sliced)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp chilled (diced butter)
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 450°F.Prepare pie crusts and line a 9-inch pie pan with one crust.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Place sliced peaches in a separate, large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture and gently combine.
- Spoon the peach mixture into prepared bottom crust, and top evenly with diced butter.
- Cover with the other pie crust, tuck edges under the bottom piecrust, and crimp to seal.
- Whisk egg together with cold water to make an egg wash. Brush it over the top of the pie.
- Place pie in center of oven. After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.