Better than a bakery, Cranberry Pistachio Pumpkin Scones are a fantastic way to start your day. So simple to make with Harry & David Pumpkin Spice Scone Mix
, which creates a soft, slightly spiced scone that’s perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
This recipe, by The Suburban Soapbox
, is loaded with dried cranberries and chopped pistachios to make these scones a little bit more special, and then are drizzled with a bourbon spiked glaze. The sweet and tender pumpkin recipe is wonderfully balanced with the tart cranberries and crunchy pistachios. If you prefer to skip the bourbon you can simply follow the package directions for the glaze before drizzling.
These Cranberry Pistachio Pumpkin Scones are ready in less than 30 minutes and a great addition to any breakfast or brunch spread during the holidays or a simple Thanksgiving dessert. They can also be made in advance for a quick and easy treat to serve holiday guests.
Cranberry Pistachio Pumpkin Scones Recipe
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Pkg. scone mix with icing mix
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine scone mix, cream and cold water in a bowl. Stir until a dough forms. Fold in pistachios and cranberries.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Divide dough into 2 balls, and flatten each ball, leaving a slight dome in the middle.
- Cut each ball into 4 wedges and place on an engrossed baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Whisk icing with the bourbon, adding a bit of water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over warm scones and serve warm or at room temperature.