We just couldn’t make it to the end of summer without baking up another simple and delicious peach cobbler. Maybe it’s the juicy Oregold® Peaches
we can’t stop thinking about, or maybe the buttery biscuit topping. It could also be the cinnamon and raspberries we stirred into the filling for a few surprise flavors. Whatever it is, summer just wouldn’t be complete without this classic dessert.
Luckily, this peach cobbler can be prepped in just a few minutes. Simply stir everything together, drop spoonfuls of topping onto the fruit, put it in the oven, and enjoy the sweet smell of summertime emitting from the oven.
Cobblers are reminiscent of old, country cooking which makes them the perfect warm and cozy dessert to transition into fall. While it’s hard to say goodbye to our favorite summer fruit, this dessert makes it just a little sweeter.
Peach Cobbler Recipe with Raspberries
- 5 fresh, ripe peaches
- 1 carton of raspberries
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Set oven at 375° and butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- To make the biscuit dough, in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Then stir in milk until just moist. Gently fold in melted butter.
- For the filling, combine sliced peaches, raspberries, sugar, and cinnamon. Then empty onto prepared baking dish.
- Drop the biscuit dough by spoonfuls evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.