Here’s a brunch recipe that’s busting at the seams with fresh spring flavor! This Lemon Poppyseed Bundt French Toast Recipe—made by Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox—is a simple-to-make dish that will be a hit at any brunch gathering.
Breakfast and brunch are my favorite meals of the day. It’s one of the only times when a dessert can be passed off as your main course without anyone even flinching. This sweet and savory recipe is flanked by bowls of fresh fruit and sparkling cocktails.
First, cut Harry & David’s Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
into thick slices. Then dip each slice into a vanilla kissed egg wash and pan fry it in a bit of butter. Sweet and lemon-y! There’s no need for maple syrup here, just sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on top and serve with fresh berries. Your guests will think you’re a culinary wizard.
Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake French Toast Recipe
- 1 Harry & David Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Slice the bundt cake into 8 equal pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt the salted butter in the skillet.
- Dip a slice of cake in the egg mixture being sure to coat all sides. Allow the excess to drip off and place the cake in the skillet. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Cook the cake for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the slices over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, if desired.