Fresh and simple with a bit of a kick, this easy to make Pear Salsa Recipe is ready in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect addition to any party when served with chips and great to use as a topping for fish or chicken for a light and fresh dinner.
Just because the holidays are over it doesn’t mean the parties will end. Awards shows, football games and family gatherings fill the winter with festivities that are just waiting for the perfect dip. This easy Pear Salsa Recipe is fresh and light making it a surprisingly tasty twist on the traditional tomato salsa.
Simple ingredients like red bell pepper, jalapeño, lime and cilantro pair perfectly with juicy Harry & David Royal Riviera Pears. When tossed together, the flavors will prove to your taste buds that winter produce is far from dull. The mild heat of the jalapeño and tart lime are a delightful companion to the diced pear. This fiesta in a bowl will knock the socks off your guests.
Pear Salsa Recipe
- 2 Harry & David Royal Riviera Pears (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- zest and juice of one lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss together the pears, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice and cilantro to combine
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve
- Can be made up to 24 hours in advance