This is my favorite way to lighten up my morning breakfast routine without refined sugar or artificial sweeteners. Plain low-fat Greek yogurt creates a creamy consistency and chia seeds help you feel fuller longer. The ginger adds a pleasant, pepper bite that’s simply fantastic with the other ingredients.
Whole pears (no need to even peel it…extra vitamins!) are blended until smooth with fresh baby spinach, ginger, banana, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, honey and a bit of milk to create a delicious breakfast on-the-go. Ready in just a few minutes, this is one smoothie you’ll be adding to the breakfast rotation for sure!
Pear Ginger Green Smoothie RecipeYields 4 – 8 ounce smoothies
- 1 Harry & David Royal Riviera Pear, stem removed, cut in half and cored
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, if desired
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth
- For a thicker consistency, add 1 cup of ice (or more), if desired
- Pour the smoothie into an 8 ounce glass and serve immediately