Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Basil Butter
Here’s the perfect recipe for your favorite summer stone fruit! Grilled Peaches
with Blueberry Basil Butter makes a great summer side dish or light dessert for any occasion.
Grilling peaches is a great way to showcase their sweet, tangy flavor. Top it off with a dollop of an easy-to-make compound butter chock full of blueberries and basil for a great creamy counterpart to the subtle tartness of the peach. This recipe, courtesy of Kellie Hemmerly of the Suburban Soapbox
, is a new way to enjoy this summer favorite.
Grilled peaches couldn’t be easier to make. Just slice the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush lightly with olive oil and place them on the grill. Once they have softened, remove to a platter and top with the blueberry basil butter. They’re wonderful as a side dish with something rich like barbecue ribs
, but they also make a fabulous dessert that’s light and flavorful.
Grilled Peaches Recipe with Blueberry Basil Butter
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 4 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
- Place butter and blueberries in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times to blend, then process for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a small bowl and fold in the chopped basil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the cut sides of the peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut side down.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they begin to soften. Place on a platter.
- Top each peach with 1/2 tablespoon of the blueberry basil butter and serve immediately.