Quick and simple dinners are the best, especially on busy weeknights or when you just don’t feel like cooking. As long as it’s fast, easy, and loaded with flavor, it will be a hit on the table at mealtime, which is what makes this salmon recipe so good!
Grilled salmon is one of the easiest dinners you can throw together on the fly. Salmon already has so much flavor naturally, and a simple seasoning blend on top can add an extra punch. Cook the salmon on the grill, and you also get some of that charred, smokey flavor.
The ingredient that really takes this grilled salmon over the top, though, is Harry & David’s Charred Pineapple Relish. Oh my word––this condiment tastes absolutely fabulous and is incredibly versatile! The relish is made up of pineapple, mango, red pepper, and jalapeño peppers. The peppers are candied, so the relish adds a fun sweet and savory flavor to everything. Besides being a great topping for the salmon, you can use it on chicken or steak, swirl it into mayo or yogurt for a dip, or spread it on a cracker with cheese.
As soon as the salmon comes off the grill, I like to add a few spoonfuls of the relish on top, along with a sprinkling of fresh herbs. Serve it alongside rice or vegetables, and you’ll have the most flavorful, easy dinner!
Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Relish
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Harry & David Charred Pineapple Relish
- Fresh herbs for garnish (like parsley or basil)
- Jasmine rice (for serving)
- Preheat the grill to medium high––about 400 or 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the salmon with olive oil. In a bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the top of the salmon.
- Once the grill is hot, place the salmon directly on the grates and close the lid. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, without flipping, until the salmon is flaky and opaque.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and top with a few spoonfuls of the Charred Pineapple Relish. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve with jasmine rice on the side.