The only thing better than a flavorful, spring smoothie is TWO flavors in one! Jessica from How Sweet Eats created this HoneyBell and Coconut Smoothie by layering them together for the perfect creamy treat.
Not only is this layered smoothie delicious, it’s also so pretty! And that makes drinking a smoothie so much more fun, right? Whether it’s for breakfast or a snack, this smoothie will brighten up any day.
I love making a layered smoothie when the flavors jive. So, I wanted to do a twist on the classic creamsicle with some of my favorite flavors. My entire family loves this HoneyBell smoothie recipe, so I was inspired to modify it for this fun, layered smoothie. Harry & David citrus adds the perfect fresh burst of flavor, while coconut helps that orange flavor shine!
The coconut-vanilla layer is made with frozen coconut meat, some greek yogurt, and lots of vanilla. The coconut smoothie is fantastic on its own, but would pair well as a creamy addition to any fruit smoothie.
While the coconut smoothie is rich and creamy, the citrus layer packs a fruity punch. It’s filled with fresh juice, two entire peeled oranges, and a bit of freshly grated zest. The zest brings the natural sweetness and orange flavor we have all grown to love. While I love making this with Harry & David HoneyBells, you can easily substitute it with Harry & David Cara Caras or Navel oranges.
HoneyBell Coconut Smoothie
Coconut vanilla layer:
- 1 ½ cups frozen coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 handful of ice
- 2 HoneyBell oranges (peeled and segmented)
- 1 cup frozen coconut meat
- ½ cup freshly squeezed HoneyBell orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated HoneyBell orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients together for the coconut vanilla layer. Pour it into two glasses.
- Add the ingredients for the orange layer into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Top the coconut layer with the orange layer and drink up!