These Mango Coconut Cookie Bars are worth turning on your oven this summer! This mango dessert, created by Lauren from The Curious Plate, makes enough for everyone at your next BBQ.
Summer is in full swing. The sun is out, flowers are in bloom, and fresh produce is in season. What could be better? Nothing says ‘summer’ like a Harry & David Honey Mango! These juicy, ripe gems are the star of the season. They’re buttery and sweet and the perfect fruit to add variety to your summer cooking.
Try adding honey mangoes to salads, stir-fries, salsas, smoothies, and, of course, dessert! These Mango Coconut Cookie Bars are dreamy. During the summer, you want a dessert that won’t make you break a sweat. With just a few simple steps these Mango Coconut Cookie Bars will be ready for an appearance on your picnic table.
Just purée a Harry & David Honey Mango with some orange marmalade, eggs, sugar and lemon zest. Check out this video for the easiest ways to cut a mango for cooking. Pour the mixture over a cookie crust, bake, and voilà! A beautiful, mango dessert that everyone will love.
Mango Coconut Cookie Bars
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (diced)
- 1 Harry & David Honey Mango (peeled and chopped)
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13X9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the macadamia nuts. Process until finely chopped. Next, add 2 cups all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, and kosher salt.
- Process until blended. Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse the mixture until crumbly.
- Take the mixture and press it into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Wipe your food processor clean. Next, add the mango and orange marmalade. Process until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. Pulse until combined. Add the eggs and lemon zest and process until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the prepared crust. Sprinkle the mango mixture with shredded coconut.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing into bars.