Make mealtime a celebration with a fun twist on classic meatloaf. Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox turned mom’s meatloaf into Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes with Cranberry Relish Glaze and fluffy mashed potato “frosting.” Then she topped each one with a whole cranberry for a kid-approved dinner that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
With the holidays fast approaching, we all still have to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Weeknights just get busier and nobody can live on turkey leftovers every single day. So, I like to mix things up at dinnertime with fun twists on the usual menu items and Harry & David relishes make it super easy to pull that off. The Country Cranberry Relish is a family favorite I pull from the pantry over and over again. It’s sweet, tangy and perfect slathered on a piece of toast with a healthy amount of cream cheese. But this time, I turned my favorite meatloaf into fun Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes with Cranberry Relish Glaze for a sweet and savory spin that was 100% kid-approved.
Since these meatloaf cupcakes are baked in a muffin tin, cooking time is just a fraction of what a normal meatloaf is and the muffin size makes portion control a no brainer. Each “cupcake” is topped with ready made mashed potatoes… Harry & David Gruyere and Garlic Red Potatoes are a perfect addition or use up leftovers from Sunday night.
These Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes are a cinch to whip up, I just blended ground beef with a heaping spoonful of Country Cranberry Relish, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Press into muffin tins, then glaze the tops with a bit more Country Cranberry Relish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through then pipe on the mashed potatoes. For added flair, I topped each with a whole cranberry that was dunked in the Country Cranberry Relish for a punch of flavor.
Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes with Cranberry Relish Glaze
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup Harry & David Country Cranberry Relish (divided)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 6 whole cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bow, blend together the ground beef, 1/4 cup Harry & David Country Cranberry Relish, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, salt and pepper until loosely combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal portions and press each into a well of a standard size muffin tin. Brush the remaining cranberry relish over the tops of each meatloaf and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the meatloaves for 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a resealable bag and snip off one end. Transfer the meatloaves to a platter and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of each to create your cupcake.
- If desired, toss the 6 cranberries in any leftover relish then top each cupcake with one cranberry. Serve immediately
Looking for more recipes made with Cranberry Relish? Click here.