No one, and I mean no one, does Halloween treats quite like Harry & David. And nothing makes my two boys more excited than a Harry & David box arriving in the mail, especially when it contains the cool Crooked House Gift Tower Classic, filled with Moose Munch® Popcorn, decorated cookies, pumpkin gummies, taffies and chocolate pretzels.
As the boys opened each compartment of the haunted house, all I could think of was how handy those treats are going to be when we are getting ready for our Halloween party. The kids and their friends can munch on the treats while my husband and I put the finishing touches on our costumes.
Of course, Harry & David’s Halloween gifts don’t end with the crooked haunted house. Be sure to check out the Halloween Pear Gift Box, the Mystery Creek Gift Box and My Phantom Manor Gingerbread House. There’s a little something for everyone.
When a bag of Moose Munch® Popcorn is opened in our house, it’s unlikely to last for more than an hour. I decided to come up with a way to make it last longer, a recipe that would make the Moose Munch the star of the show. Candy bark is always a hit and it’s easy enough that the kids can help with making it. In fact, it requires only a few ingredients…chocolate and your favorite candy.
In this version, I used bittersweet chocolate, but semi-sweet chocolate can easily be substituted. Once the chocolate is melted, sprinkle Moose Munch® Popcorn and chocolate pretzels over top. Refrigerate the bark for an hour (it’s hard to wait, I know!), then break it into snack-sized pieces. Your little ghouls and goblins will be thrilled!
- 12 oz high quality bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Moose Munch® Popcorn
- 1/2 cup chocolate pretzels, cut in half
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and press a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in a medium bowl set over gently simmering water. Be sure that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. If the chocolate becomes too hot and melts too quickly, it will begin to separate.
- Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. The chocolate will not fill the entire space and the edges do not need to be straight.
- Sprinkle the Moose Munch® Popcorn and chocolate pretzels over the top of the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Break the bark into pieces and serve.