HARRY & DAVID – COUPLES RESORTS PARADISE FOR TWO VALENTINE’S DAY SWEEPSTAKES
February 1, 2018 – February 14, 2018
Summary of Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- Enter for a chance to win a five-night getaway for two at one of Couples Resorts’ oceanfront properties in Jamaica, plus up to $500 in airfare per person
- Or win one of two $500 Harry & David gift cards
- Winners selection will take place on or about February 19, 2018
- You must be twenty-one years old or older to win
- Only one entry per person per day
- See Official Rules for complete details
- Total approximate retail value of all prizes is USD $4,500.00
Sweepstakes ends February 14, 2018
Void where prohibited Only legal residents of the USA, 21 or older are eligible to win Odds of winning will depend on the number of valid entries
HARRY & DAVID – COUPLES RESORTS
PARADISE FOR TWO VALENTINE’S DAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The ‘Paradise For Two’ Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes (the
“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at time of entry. Employees of the Sponsors, or their respective parent companies and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and other household members, are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and winning is contingent on entrant’s compliance. Entrants must have a working email address for notification and mailing address for delivery of prizes. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Duration: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time) on February 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on February 14, 2018 (the “Entry period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: To enter, visit https://blog.harryanddavid.com/paradise-for-two-sweepstakes/ during the Entry Period, enter a working email address and agree to comply with these Official Rules.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. Using multiple email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other method to attempt to enter the Sweepstakes more than the allowed number of times will void all of that person’s entries and may disqualify them from participating in the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. If there is a dispute as to any entry submitted, the authorized holder of the account used to enter (as determined by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning the account) will be deemed to be the authorized account holder. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Selection of Potential Winners: On or about February 19, 2018, one (1) potential grand prize winner of the Couples Resorts getaway and two (2) runner-up winners of a Harry & David gift card will be randomly selected among the valid entries received during the Entry Period.
5. Verification of Potential Winners. All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the sweepstakes SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with theSE official rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY OCCURRING AFTER SPONSOR’S SYSTEM HAS BEEN COMPROMISED OR FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED DEFECTIVE, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Notification of Potential Winners: Potential winners who validly entered will be notified via the email address they used to enter. If a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason or does not respond within ten calendar days of Sponsor’s notification, or if Sponsor’s notification or the prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason, the potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing among the remaining eligible entries. Unless otherwise indicated in these Official Rules, prizes will be fulfilled within approximately thirty days after conclusion of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are responsible for prize delivery only and will not be responsible for prize utility, quality or any other aspects of any prize.
7. Sweepstakes Prizes and Odds of Winning: Under the Sweepstakes, one grand prize winner will receive a five-night getaway for two at one of four all-inclusive, Couples Resorts’ oceanfront properties in Jamaica, plus up to $500 in airfare person. The Grand Prize winner will be sent a letter at a delivery address provided by the Grand Prize winner with a unique prize code, which he/she can use to book the stay no more than sixty days in advance. Complimentary nights are reserved in the entry-level room category and black out dates apply. Couples Resorts will handle reservations and ticketing for the desired flight(s) of the winner and one guest. If the amount of a flight exceeds the $500 per person allotment, the winner will be responsible for the difference. In such event, a credit card authorization form will be sent to the winner to fill out and return to Couples Resorts prior to booking the flight. Two runner-up winners will each win a $500 Harry & David gift card, which will be shipped by standard ground delivery to a delivery address provided by the runner-up winners. Winners may waive their right to receive the prize, but will not receive an alternate prize or any cash value. Prizes are not assignable or transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on their prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry period.
8. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prizes: The ARV of the Couples Resorts getaway for two is USD $2,500.00, plus two airfare credits of up to USD $500.00 each. The ARV for each Harry & David gift card is USD $500.00. The ARV of all prizes is USD $4,500.00. Shipping and processing are not reflected in the ARV.
9. Winners List: After winners are confirmed, a winners list will be posted at https://blog.harryanddavid.com/paradise-for-two-sweepstakes/. A winners list also will be available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ‘Paradise For Two’ Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes, c/o Harry and David, LLC, at 2500 South Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501. A winners list will be made available for up to thirty days after the Sweepstakes ends.
10. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their parent companies and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agents, officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to, or loss of, property arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize or any item redeemed therewith including travel.
11. Publicity: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to receive email newsletters, updates, and/or other promotional communications periodically from Sponsor. Entrants can opt-out of receiving communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email newsletter. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize winners authorize the Sponsors to publicly identify entrant as a winner and consent to the Sponsors’, or anyone authorized on their behalf, use and publication of your name, likeness, biographical information, photograph, video, voice, opinions and hometown and state in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, including, without limitation, advertisements, promotional materials, publications, Web sites, social media and any other media now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without further consideration or review and waive any right to inspect, approve or condition, or to be compensated for, such uses.
12. General Conditions: The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, amend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond the Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsors. In such event, the Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsors also reserve the right, in their individual discretion, to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, the rules of any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike, disruptive or illegal manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may seek damages from the perpetrator to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or of any other term or applicable law.
13. Limitations of Liability: THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS, WEBSITE ERRORS OR ERRORS IN EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING USED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR DISCONNECTIONS OF WEBSITES OR INTERNET ACCESS, OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM AN ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IF FOR ANY REASON AN ENTRY IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE BEEN ERRONEOUSLY DELETED, LOST OR OTHERWISE DESTROYED OR CORRUPTED, ENTRANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS ANOTHER ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AWARD ANOTHER ENTRY DUE TO DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, FOR ANY REASON, SPONSOR, AT ITS DISCRETION, MAY HOLD A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED UP TO THE DATE OF DISCONTINUANCE FOR ANY OR ALL PRIZES OFFERED.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Oregon or the appropriate Court of the State of Oregon located in Jackson County, Oregon; AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SPONSORS, THEIR PARENT COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICES PROVIDERS, PRIZE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER EITHER SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsors concerning or related to the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of another jurisdiction.
16. Sweepstakes Sponsors: Harry and David, LLC (“Harry & David”), at 2500 South Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501, and Couples Resorts, Jamaica (“Couples Resorts”), at 1000 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Suite 560, Sunrise, FL 33323.
17. Sweepstakes Administrator: Harry and David, LLC, at 2500 South Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501
If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Couples Resorts® is a trademark of E.A. Issa & Bros. Ltd. CORPORATION JAMAICA
Harry & David® is a trademark of Harry and David, LLC
© 2018 Harry and David, LLC