You’ve heard the expression easy as pie, right? Well we have something even easier—a galette! Our fresh and juicy peaches
take center stage in this Oregold® Peach Galette just in time for Peach Month.
Galette is a French term for a variety of flat round cakes often made with flaky, buttery pastry dough. Constructed as simply a free-form tart, these rustic treats have all the delicious flavors of a traditional pie without the fuss of that lattice-top crust.
This perfectly-imperfect summer dessert is great for entertaining, a last-minute hostess gift, or just a simple weeknight dessert with family.
Try serving this galette with ice cream to complement the warm, crispy crust. We promise you’ll be glad you did.
Simple Peach Galette Recipe
- 4 fresh, ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1¼ cups white flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Raw blonde sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut 7 oz. butter into small cubes, and cut into flour mixture until texture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add ice water and quickly gather dough into a ball. Let rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Press dough into a 10-inch circle on a sheet of parchment.
- Place peach slices on the dough, overlapping in a circular pattern, and keeping ½ inch from the edge.
- Fold and crimp the edges of the dough over the peaches.
- Cut remaining butter and top the peaches.
- Brush edges of dough with melted butter and sprinkle raw sugar on peaches and dough.
- Slip galette and parchment onto a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.