Revamp your plain iced tea and try this peach iced tea made with homemade peach syrup! This delicious Honey Peach Simple Syrup-Sweetened Iced Tea recipe from Elizabeth Harris of Floating Kitchen will become your favorite beverage this summer. And, the addition of Harry & David Oregold® Peaches is sure to take this drink to the next level.
Life is too short to drink plain iced tea! So, I’m amplifying this classic with a few quick and easy twists on my favorite Summer beverage. Sipping on a tall glass of this Honey-Peach Sweetened Iced Tea is a great way to help you feel refreshed, even on the hottest of days!
I start by making some fun ice cubes. Yes, ice cubes can be fun! I add fresh raspberries and mint leaves to my ice cube tray and then fill the wells with water and freeze them until solid. It’s a great way to add color to any beverage. And, I love how some of the flavors and aromas slowly sneak out as the ice cubes melt into the drink.
Next, I use some Harry & David Oregold® Peaches that are at their peak of ripeness to make a peach-flavored simple syrup. But, this simple syrup isn’t just made with any old granulated sugar. Nope! I like to use honey because there is so much more flavor in honey than in granulated sugar. When honey is combined with peaches, it’s just pure gold.
The fancy ice cubes and honey-peach simple syrup can both be made in advance and stored in your freezer and refrigerator, respectively, until the opportunity arises to jazz up a glass of peach iced tea. They are easy items that I like to keep on hand during the Summer months so that I can treat myself to a cool beverage at a moment’s notice. Also, they are great to have at the ready for those times when unexpected guests stop in. You’ll be able to serve them up a special drink in no time!
Peach Iced Tea Recipe
Makes 2 cups of the honey-peach simple syrup.
For the Ice Cubes
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
For the Honey Peach Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 3 Harry & David Oregold Peaches, pitted, peeled and chopped
For the Iced Tea
- Brewed and chilled black tea, chilled
- Harry & David Oregold Peaches, pitted and sliced
- To make the ice cubes, place a fresh raspberry and a few small mint leaves into each of the wells of an ice cube tray. Fill with water and then freeze until solid.
- To make the honey peach simple syrup, combine all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, cover the sauce pan and let the mixture steep for 20-30 minutes. Strain and collect the liquid into a clean container, collecting and discarding the peach solids. Refrigerate until completely chilled before using. The honey-peach simple syrup can be stored in a sealed container in your refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
- For the peach iced tea, stir together 1 cup of the brewed black tea with about 2 tablespoons of the honey-peach simple syrup, using more or less to suit your taste preferences. Pour over the ice cubes and garnish with a few slices of fresh peaches. Enjoy immediately.