If you have never had grilled peaches
, this recipe is an easy, delicious way to start.
The grilling process pulls the peaches’ sugars to the surface and then caramelizes them, producing an extra-sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with blue cheese. Add some honeyed pecans, and you have a simple but wonderful fruit and cheese appetizer that’s good enough to steal the spotlight from almost any main course.
Grilled Peaches, Cheese and Honey
- 6 Oregold® Peaches, halved and pitted
- 12 Tbsp. Rogue Creamery® or other blue cheese, at room temperature
- 12 Tbsp. Harry & David® almonds or pecans, chopped
- 12 Tbsp. honey
- Lightly oil and preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill peach halves cut side down until well-marked and lightly cooked.
- Arrange peach halves cut side up on six plates.
- Fill each cavity with one tablespoon of blue cheese and one tablespoon of nuts.
- Drizzle honey over peaches, cheese and nuts.
Feeling adventurous? Add some tender greens and balsamic vinaigrette to this recipe to create a tasty salad.
We’d Love to Hear from You!
- What might you add to this recipe?
- Order your Oregold® Peaches to use in this recipe today.