Start off a stellar meal at home with this tempting pear and blue cheese salad. Be sure to make a little extra with this one. Such a sweet and savory combination of juicy pears and creamy cheese is enticing enough for a second helping.
Pear and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
For the Salad:
- 1 head butter lettuce (washed and dried)
- 1 large or 2 small Royal Riviera® Pears (peeled, cored and sliced)
- ⅔ cup Rogue Creamery or other blue cheese
- ⅔ cup Harry & David® candied pecans (roasted pecans, or roasted walnuts)
For the Dressing:
- 2 to 3 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard1 tbsp honey (optional)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup walnut oil
- Whisk together the first five ingredients.
- Gradually whisk in the walnut oil.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
Putting it all Together:
- Gently tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on four chilled plates.
- Top with fans of pear slices.
- Sprinkle blue cheese evenly over the pears and lettuce and top with nuts.
- Drizzle the dressing generously over the salad, and serve at once.