This fizzy, fruity cocktail is made with delicious Royal Riviera® Pears, ginger, and kombucha tea. Lauren Grier from Climbing Grier Mountain is sharing a fun recipe combining some of our favorite flavors.
The holidays should feel like a breeze.
Or is that just wishful thinking?
Is that why people dart to a tropical island during the holidays to feel an actual warm breeze? I can’t say that I blame them. The holidays can feel frantic, but I have a solution to keep us all from getting tangled like a giant pretzel.
When I’m hosting a party or impromptu dinner, I always have a simple cocktail ready to pour. With a few ingredients, you can turn someone’s frown upside down. A huge component of making the perfect cocktail is having a simple syrup ready on-hand. The beauty of simple syrup is you can switch out the flavors and make many different kinds of drinks. You’ll be like Kate Middelton’s wardrobe, but of the cocktail world.
For this Pear Ginger Kombucha Fizz I made the best simple syrup using Royal Riviera® Pears
and fresh ginger. Pear and ginger are like two peas in a pod. The juicy, slight sweetness from the pears mixed with spicy zing of the ginger adds a depth of flavor to any cocktail. Plus, with a little effervescence from kombucha, you have a sublime cocktail that will make you feel like you are on an island with a cool breeze.
Pear Ginger Kombucha Recipe
Makes 2 drinks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 cup Royal Riviera® Pears, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 shots vodka
- 2 cups ginger lemon kombucha
- Fresh pomegranates, garnish
- Fresh thyme sprig, garnish
- In a saucepan, add water, sugar, 1/2 cup pears and fresh ginger. Bring to a slight simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat to cool completely.
- Strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice. Add 1 shot of vodka, 1 tablespoon pear simple syrup, and fill the rest with ginger lemon kombucha.
- Garnish the cocktail with pear slices, pomegranate seeds, and thyme! Repeat the process with for remaining cocktails. Serve and enjoy!