A classic Moscow Mule is one of the simplest classic cocktails to prepare. With just a can of ginger beer, a splash of vodka, a squeeze of lime, and an iconic copper mug, this drink packs a spicy and flavorful punch. We’re putting a twist on the traditional recipe with the addition of a spiced pear simple syrup. Just cook down some delicious Royal Riviera® Pears and your favorite winter spices to create a syrup that will add a subtle sweetness to any beverage.
The amount of syrup can be adjusted depending on how much sweetness you like, but we prefer a 1:2 ratio of syrup to alcohol. And, depending on your taste in spirits, the vodka can be substituted for rum (called a Dark and Stormy) or whiskey (a Kentucky Mule). Not a drinker? Ginger Beer is non-alcoholic and tastes amazing with the addition of the syrup and lime. Cheers!
Spiced Pear Moscow Mule Recipe
IngredientsFor Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
- ¾ cup of pear juice (homemade works great!)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 pear, diced
- 1oz Spiced Pear Simple Syrup (adjust to preferences)
- 2oz vodka
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sliced pear for garnish
InstructionsFor Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
- Pour juice and sugar into pot and bring to boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cardamom, and diced pear and cook down for 2-5 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool completely and then strain to remove residual spices and fruit pieces.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for longest shelf life, syrup should make 5-10 drinks depending on preferences.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with simple syrup and vodka. Shake vigorously.
- Pour liquid into copper mug, then add juice of half a lime.
- Pour in half a can of ginger beer, and fill remainder of mug with ice.
- Add sliced pear to garnish or float in your cocktail (it makes a great snack!)