St. Paddy’s Day is coming up, and we’ve got some great St. Patrick’s Day gifts and goodies for all your lucky leprechauns. From St. Patrick’s Day gift baskets to St. Patrick’s Day flowers, you’ll find just the right thing to help you celebrate.
Looking for the perfect side dishes to have with your corned beef, cabbage and hash this St. Patty’s Day? Try out these delicious recipes that feature our famous pears
Royal Riviera® Pears and Endive Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
- 4 Royal Riviera® Pears
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 loose–head lettuce leaves
- 2 Belgian endive heads
- Put aside 2 tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Mix the remaining juice with the mustard, honey, salt, paprika, lemon rind, and oil. Set aside.
- Slice each pear into eighths, carefully removing the core and seeds. Leave unpeeled.
- Place on a plate and coat well with reserved lime juice to avoid discoloration.
- Line a large serving dish or individual serving plates with lettuce. Arrange the pear slices and the endive leaves to make an attractive display.
- Spoon the dressing over the fruit and serve immediately.
Poached Pears with Honey, Ginger and Star Anise
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup dessert wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 to 5 whole star anise
- 3 half-inch slices of ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 4 to 6 peeled Harry & David® Royal Riviera® Pears
- Combine honey, wine, water, lemon juice, star anise, ginger and salt in a medium/large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add pears; reduce heat and simmer until tender, 5-10 minutes, depending on ripeness.
- Remove pears from the liquid and cool.
- Continue to cook the liquid until it is reduced to about 1 cup, about 20-25 minutes. Cool to room temperature and remove ginger and star anise.
Recipe can be made ahead of time. Pears can be stored in cooled sauce. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Serve within one to two days. Place each pear in a bowl and top with sauce. Serve warm or chilled. Serving suggestions: Ice cream, crème fraiche, mascarpone cheese, whipped cream or ricotta cheese.