Above and Beyond Biscuits
Looking for something a bit heartier? We’re continuing our coverage on one of our favorite items: Pepper and Onion Relish, with photography courtesy of Kellie Hemmerly of the Suburban Soapbox
. This time, it’s a delicious pepper and onion cheesy biscuits recipe, which makes a perfect side-dish to accompany your main course at dinner, or as an appetizer that’s a bit more filling.
So what makes these cheesy biscuits so good? Pepper and Onion relish (we used Harry & David Pepper and Onion Relish
), which adds a zesty “zing” to the normal cheese flavor. It’s a combination of sweet and spicy that blends so well you’d think these biscuits were always meant to be eaten this way. The secret? Instead of topping
store-bought biscuits with your favorite condiments, take it one step further and bake that relish and cheese into
the biscuits themselves.
Pepper and Onion Cheesy Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 jar pepper and onion relish
- 1 brick sharp cheddar cheese (4-7 ounces, depending on preference)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 package of biscuit or scone mix (we used Harry & David Scone Mix)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare scone/biscuit mix as instructed on package
- Add cream cheese into the mix
- Chop sharp cheddar cheese into small chunks, add to mix
- Add in pepper and onion relish
- Portion out biscuits into a greased muffin tin
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown
You don’t even need butter or jam when you’ve got a biscuit that brings its own cheesy, relish flavor baked inside. If you like this biscuit recipe, be sure to check out a few other uses for pepper and onion relish, now used in appetizers
, and desserts. Yum.