With delicious treats like fruitcake, Moose Munch® Popcorn and chocolate truffles, our new Christmas Gift Basket Deluxe is one of our best gift baskets for Christmas. We sent one to Gaby of What’s Gaby Cooking knowing that the goodies in this basket would inspire her to come up with a new sweet creation. And here it is. A tantalizing recipe for peppermint bark s’mores using our amazing chocolate peppermint bark.
I’m straight up addicted to peppermint bark—so when that time of the year rolls around and my Harry & David® Christmas Gift Basket Deluxe arrives at my door, I’m excited, to say the least! Not only is this basket loaded with fun snacks and treats, but also the peppermint bark is to die for!
I love using it in place of regular chocolate in my festive Peppermint Bark S’mookies! Imagine a s’more, but instead of graham crackers on the outside, you use sugar cookies! Plus the peppermint bark and a marshmallow—these are too good to be true!
P.S. for all you Angelinos out there…. Harry & David has a bunch of seasonal stores opening around Los Angeles, so if you’re still on the lookout for the perfect gift, swing by one of those convenient locations to grab a gift basket for someone for Christmas!
How cute would it be to gift one of these baskets from Harry & David this holiday season along with a printed recipe of Peppermint Bark S’mookies? I think anyone would love that as a gift.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for rolling)
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups flour (start with 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package Harry & David® Peppermint Bark
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Once incorporated, add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch cookie dough balls and coat in a layer of sugar.
- Place 12 cookies at a time on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, remove them from the oven and let cool. Once the cookie is entirely cooled, assemble the s’mookie as you would a s’more with a piece of Harry & David® Peppermint Bark and a toasted large marshmallow.