These simple Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Skewers are the perfect reintroduction to grilling season. Created by Lauren from Climbing Grier Mountain, our Charred Pineapple Relish adds a sweet and spicy balance to this quick recipe. Add this to your list of favorite relish recipes!
Warmer weather is upon us, which means it’s time to take dinner outside!
One my favorite ways to make dinner feel like a breeze is to turn on the grill. Whether I’m grilling steaks, salmon, chicken, or veggies, not having to mess with a sink full of dirty dishes makes me want to break out into a happy-dance.
A regular in my grilling rotation are these Teriyaki and Pineapple Chicken Skewers with Charred Pineapple Relish. The best thing about skewers is that they’re a cooking no-brainer. Use whatever meat, fruit, or veggies you have on hand, slide them onto a skewer, and get grilling!
For this recipe, I decided to marinate chicken breasts overnight in a teriyaki dressing. The teriyaki pairs really well with the sweet pineapple flavor. This charred pineapple relish is the perfect topping for a variety of grilled veggies. A mixture of pineapple, mango, jalapenos, and bell peppers gives this relish a gourmet-level flavor.
You can use pineapple relish as a condiment for dipping chips or other appetizers. But, I highly recommend spreading it on top of these grilled teriyaki chicken skewers. Just add warm weather and you’ll think you’re on a tropical island!
Grilled Teriyaki & Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- A bottle of your favorite teriyaki dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 jar Harry and David Charred Pineapple Relish, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large plastic container fitted with a lid add the chicken breasts and teriyaki dressing. Marinate the chicken for at least four hours to overnight for better results. Next, preheat your grill.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers along with the peppers and red onion.
- Grill the chicken skewers for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to your desired liking. Remove the skewers from the grill and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish each skewer with some of the Harry and David Charred Pineapple Relish and fresh parsley.
Prep Time: 15 minutes + overnight marinate
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes