Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love decorating the Christmas tree, baking cookies, singing carols and gift giving. I am not very good at wrapping presents, though. I usually end up with too much or too little paper. The paper is never smooth, and I can’t tie a bow for the life of me. I usually buy gift bags or purchase gifts that are already wrapped.
I love buying specialty food gifts from Harry & David because they are packaged perfectly and always have a big, beautiful bow. Plus, everyone loves a gift from Harry & David. They have something for everyone. I am currently loving Santa’s Sleigh of Goodies. The burlap-covered sleigh comes packed with wrapped gifts from Santa. The goodies include irresistible Moose Munch® Popcorn, peppermint bark made from scratch, dark chocolate grahams, gourmet chocolate cherries and milk chocolate mini mints. Santa’s Sleigh of Goodies makes a great Christmas gift for families, anyone and everyone…including yourself. I always order an extra for our family to enjoy. We love munching on the treats while we watch holiday movies or sit by the tree. I also love using the peppermint bark to make peppermint bark hot chocolate. I add Harry & David® peppermint bark to homemade hot chocolate. It makes the hot chocolate extra special. I love the minty kick! I also add whipped cream and a candy cane on the side. The peppermint bark hot chocolate is rich, decadent, and festive!
Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 pieces of peppermint bark
- Whipped cream
- Chopped peppermint bark, for garnish
- 5 candy canes, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and warm over medium heat; don’t boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk until frothy.
- Place a piece of peppermint bark in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour hot chocolate over bark.
- Garnish with whipped cream,chopped peppermint bark, and a candy cane on the side. Serve Immediately.