Buttery and rich, this simple Peach Skillet Cake Recipe from Kellie at The Suburban Soapbox is a sweet way to showcase summer’s best fruit. Freshly sliced Harry & David Oregold Peaches are like icing on the cake in this easy to make recipe.
This is the moment I’ve been waiting for all summer long — the arrival of Harry & David Oregold Peaches! There’s nothing in the world quite like them, sweet and juicy. I can never get enough. And, as much as I love to eat them just as they are, they’re the star of many of my favorite recipes like this simple peach cake. This cake is such a showstopper; I can never resist making it several times a season.
The batter whips up easily in just a couple minutes, then it’s poured into a skillet or baking dish before being adorned with a layer of freshly sliced peaches. Once this dessert is baked, I let it cool just a bit then serve it right in the skillet topped with eCreamery Sea Salt Caramel ice cream. It’s a stunning display of summer flavors!
Peach Cake Skillet Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Harry & David Oregold Peaches (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease the skillet or baking dish. Be sure to cover the bottom and up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beating until combined. Add the vanilla and sour cream beating for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet or baking dish and arrange the peaches on top.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15-20 minutes before serving topped with ice cream, if desired.