Bypass regular butter and whip up this sweet spread instead. This fall favorite pear butter is great stirred into oatmeal, Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. It’s also a wonderful spread over pancakes or dolloped on top of frozen yogurt. Maybe even try it over almond butter on toast. Delish any time of day!
This new Royal Riviera® Pear
butter recipe was developed by Gina Homolka from Skinnytaste
. You can find more delicious recipes in her new cookbook
coming out October 2016.
Easy Slow Cooker Pear Butter
- 3 1/2 pounds (about 6) large ripe pears, such as Bartlett or Royal Riviera Pears, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Place the pears in a slow cooker and sprinkle brown sugar and raw sugar on top.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the slow cooker. Stir well and add the vanilla bean pod halves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring once halfway, until the pears are tender and dark brown.
- Uncover, remove the vanilla pod halves, and purée with an immersion blender.
- Cook on high, uncovered, for 3 hours, and stir occasionally until thickened.
- Serve warm or cold.
The pear butter will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 week. Enjoy!