This simple recipe, created by food blogger Kellie Hemmerly from The Suburban Soapbox, is a zesty take on a Creole classic. A simple recipe packed with southern spices makes this dish a hearty addition to your culinary arsenal.
The most flavorful dinner to ever come out of your slow cooker, is undoubtedly, this easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe. Simple to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner and perfect for entertaining, this versatile dish deserves a standing ovation.
Summer is done differently in the South. This dish is a tribute to long humid afternoons on the bayou, fresh shrimp, Louisiana spices, and Bourbon Street cuisine. It consists of Cajun spices blended with savory chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp, swimming in a spicy stew and rice medley, making this dinner hearty and memorable.
And it couldn’t be simpler to make thanks to Harry & David’s Jambalaya Soup Mix. This tasty blend of southern spices make this soup a love letter to a Louisiana staple.
The chicken and sausage is simmered in the soup mix for hours in the slow cooker before adding the remaining ingredients. Serve with cheesy biscuits and a green salad for a perfectly impressive dinner worthy of guests or just a quiet family dinner.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe
Serves 8 (1 1/2 cup servings)
- 1 package Harry & David Jambalaya Soup Mix
- 8 cups water
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 4-ounce Andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups cooked white rice (for serving, if desired)
- Set aside the yellow soup base packet and rice.
- In a slow cooker or crock pot, combine the water, vegetable packet and red seasoning packet.
- Add the chicken and sausage to the soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yellow soup base with 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the yellow soup base and rice to the slow cooker stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 30 minutes
- Add the shrimp to the soup, cover and cook for 30 minutes longer.
Serve immediately with 1/2 cup cooked rice, if desired.