Sizzle up your cooking with this delectable dish from Skinnytaste Cookbook
author Gina Homolka. We asked Gina to put her culinary skills to work and whip up something truly satisfying using our own Oregon Trail Barbeque Sauce
. Always impressive, her responding pulled pork recipe was delicious completed with the perfect sauce for any grilled entrée: our delicious barbecue sauce.
Serve this slow cooker meal at your next outdoor summer gathering and you’ll be sure to see a round of smiles and requests for seconds.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2.5 lb boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup Oregon Trail BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup apple juice
- 8 whole wheat potato buns
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Place the pork in the slow cooker and season with apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke and salt. Add apple juice to the slow cooker, cover and cook low 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove pork and transfer onto a large dish; reserve all the liquid into a cup and set aside.
- Shred the pork with two forks and put it back into the slow cooker along with about 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid and the Oregon Trail sauce.
- Cook on high 1 more hour.
- Serve on buns with shredded cabbage and more sauce if desired.