How to Connect with Loved Ones Near and Far
- Video chat or talk over the phone instead of texting. Seeing their face or hearing their voice will help you both feel more connected.
- Send a complimentary e-card––”just saying ‘hi.'”
- Make a list of 10 people you’ve been meaning to call or text, and then do it.
- Take your dog for a walk… they deserve extra connection too!
- Call a neighbor or distant relative, just to see how they’re doing.
- Write a hand-written letter to an old friend.
- Send a friend in need a prepared meal.
- Focus on quality time with your immediate family. Cook dinner together or plan a movie night.
- Set up video chat lunch dates with your coworkers.
- Challenge a friend to try an at-home fitness routine with you, then send each other updates for how each workout goes.
- Start a virtual book club.
- Spring clean your space; it will make you and your home feel good.
- Take time to connect with yourself––take a walk, follow along with an at-home workout, meditate, or relax with a book or favorite TV show.
How are you staying in touch? Show us how you’re connecting by sharing on social media and tagging us with #sharemore.