“Seasonal Cooking” brings you delicious home-cooked recipes with the freshest ingredients of the season. This pasta salad recipe from Liz at Floating Kitchen is the perfect side dish for summer! Fresh Harry & David Honey Mangoes pack a lot of flavor in this dairy-free side dish recipe.
One thing you can count on during the summer is a lot of potlucks, barbecues and picnics. But, you don’t want to be get caught bringing the same, traditional side to all of your gatherings. Upgrade your pasta salad recipe game and give this Mango Pasta Salad with Spicy Mango Dressing a try. It will earn you a permanent invitation to all future events.
There is nothing quite like a perfectly ripe Harry & David Honey Mango. These mangoes are exquisitely juicy with a buttery texture. I love enjoying them “as is,” but they also make great additions to all kinds of sweet and savory dishes like this pasta salad recipe. Check out this video for the easiest ways to cut a mango for recipes or snacking tips.
I used Harry & David Honey Mangoes both in the dressing and in the pasta salad itself for more mango flavor. For the dressing, simply add one peeled, pitted and chopped Harry & David Honey Mango. Plus, add the other ingredients to your blender and blend on high until you’ve reached a smooth and creamy consistency. Be careful of the spicy kick from the jalapeño pepper!
The pasta salad itself boasts a mix of colorful produce including red pepper, zucchini, red onion, arugula and, of course, mango. Feel free to add some sliced cucumbers or shredded red cabbage if you have those available. You can always customize a pasta salad recipe to your liking.
In addition to the savory-sweet-spicy trifecta that this pasta salad has got going on, one of its main selling points is that it’s completely dairy free. This makes it ideal for summer parties, so no worry if it’s in the sun for a bit. Plus, you can make this recipe gluten free by substituting your favorite gluten free pasta.
Sweet and Spicy Mango Pasta
For the Dressing:
- 1 Harry & David Honey Mango (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb farfalle/bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Harry & David Honey Mangoes (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 2 cups diced red pepper
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 4 cups arugula
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to your blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the dressing to a clean re-sealable container and place in your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions so that it’s al dente. Drain.
- Then toss the drained pasta in a large bowl with the olive oil and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add the mangoes, red pepper, zucchini, red onion and peanuts.
- Pour about half of the dressing into the bowl and toss until the ingredients are well combined and evenly coated with the dressing.
- Taste and add more dressing as needed to suit your taste preferences. Add the arugula and toss gently to combine. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- If you want to prepare this pasta salad in advance (up to 1 day), simply leave out the arugula and store the dressed pasta salad in your refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- Then incorporate the arugula just before serving.