Plump and juicy cherries are now shipping
, and if you’re looking for a reason to create an exceptional flaming dessert, this is it: Sweet Cherry Jubilee Flambé (Click to see the recipe)
Use our expertly grown cherries in this flambé recipe and it’s sure to make a good impression with guests. Desserts for a crowd don’t often wow like this one does. And it’s much more than just an ice cream topping. It’s a sensational
treat everyone will enjoy.
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries
- 1 1/2 cups cherry juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. currant jelly
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Blend cherry juice with cornstarch in a chafing dish or shallow pan.
- Add jelly and lemon.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
- Add cherries and heat thoroughly. (If you used a pan, pour into a heated serving dish.)
- Heat the brandy but do not boil.
- Pour over the hot cherries and carefully light with a match.
- Let flame burn down and immediately pour sauce over ice cream.
Our friendly chef, Tim Keller, preps the cherries
“Life is just a bowl of cherries…”
Tim carefully measures out the ingredients
Whisking and stirring!
What To Do Next…
- Share your favorite cherry or flambé recipe in the comments below.
- Order your box of Cherry-Oh!® Cherries today.