Take it from us, this dish tastes as good as it looks! Savory-sweet baked pear slices blend well with the crispy crust for a truly unique flavor profile, and it makes a great dessert…or midday snack. Serve with ice cream for an “a la mode” dish, or on its own.
Pear Tart Treat
- 1 Royal Riviera® Pear
- 1 cup quinoa flower
- ½ cup gluten-free white all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup arrow root starch flour
- ½ cup ground chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegan cane sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened dehydrated coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use coconut oil and paper towel to oil the tart pan. Cut a round piece of parchment paper to fit your pan. Once the pan is well oiled, place the parchment round into the pan and brush with coconut oil, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of quinoa flour, 1/2 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour, 1/4 cup arrow root starch flower, 1/2 cup of ground chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of vegan cane sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk to combine, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1/4 canola oil with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- In a mixer or using a hand mixer combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until combined (do not over mix) then add 1 cup of unsweetened dehydrated coconut flakes and mix just enough to incorporate the coconut into the pie crust.
- Press the dough into the prepared tart pan so it is even.
- Thinly slice the ripe pears place them on top of the crust. You can make any pattern you like.
- Drizzle and baste the tart with 8oz of 100% pure maple syrup and bake for 20 minutes at 350º then another 20 minutes at 425º or until the edges begin to brown.
*Photos by Reegan Lessie